On Thursday, April 2nd, we suffered a tragic loss. Around three in the afternoon, a fire broke out and tore through our building rendering it a complete loss. While this is a devastating setback for us, we remain incredibly grateful that no one was injured. The cause of the fire, as determined by the Georgia Fire Marshal’s Office and the Augusta-Richmond Fire/EMA Department, was the result of an air conditioning unit that malfunctioned and overheated. At the time of the fire, we were serving several families and their loved ones were well taken care of and protected during the blaze. After the fire was extinguished, those families’ loved ones were placed in the care of the Richmond County Coroner’s Office.
Currently, we are in the process of opening a temporary location and we will notify the public as soon as it is operational. Please know though that our determination to rebuild and continue serving the families of our community is as strong as ever. Healing is at the very heart of what we do, and we will continue to work through this and come out on the other end stronger than before.
We continue to be incredibly grateful for all the support we have received from our Augusta community. We are also incredibly grateful to our funeral service colleagues both local and nationwide that have reached out to us in support of anything that we may need while we get back on our feet. It has been truly heartwarming to know that when tragedy strikes, we can all come together in support of one another.
At this time, we would like to give a special thank you to Coroner Mark Bowen of Richmond County, the Augusta-Richmond Fire/EMA Department, and the Georgia Fire Marshal’s Office.
Despite the circumstances, we are committed to still being there for the families that choose us just as we always have. We are still functional and operational at 3637 Walton Way Extension Augusta, GA 30909, families may call us at (706) 798-8802.